Monday, October 1, 2012

Paint out with Brooks Hickerson...dates and locations!




(Editor's note: This is a message from Brooks Hickerson, all dates have been added to the calendar at the bottom of this page).


Painters! Here are a few paintouts for October 2012. OSA and the Oregon Maritime Museum are planning another "Great Nautical Art Show" in April 2013 so we will need paintings from Portland's waterfront, and we will need Rose Festival paintings for 2013 also. The Oregon Rail Heritage museum opened Sept. 22nd so we have to check out the steam engines. I am not sure how this will work, but they invited us to come paint during the week when they are not crowded.

October 2012 Paintout Schedule 

Thursday, October 4, Steel Bridge Paintout, The Steel Bridge is 100 years old this year.
Next year the Broadway bridge is 100 years old. I will be on the south side of the Steel Bridge near NW Couch and Naito between 10am and 2pm.

Friday, October 5, Rose Garden Paintout, Paint a painting for the 2013 Rose Show. I will be there from 11-3pm. I am determined to learn to paint roses.

Thursday, October 11, Paint a Steam engine, Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation across from the OMSI.. http://www.orhf.org/ They are open Thur-Sun 1-5pm. I will be there 1-4pm. Take the new Eastside Streetcar to the end of the line! OR there is a small parking lot under the new 99E viaduct at SE Caruthers St. and SE Grand Ave. This is an experiment. The engines are in a large building. So this will be inside painting. I asked if we could come paint and they said during the week when it is not crowded is best. No admission charge. 

Saturday, October 13, Paint the OMM Steamer Portland. (what...no college football?) OSA/OMM are hosting the second annual “Great Nautical Art Show” so we will need waterfront paintings for April 1013 show. The OMM is open from 11-4pm Wed.-Sunday. I plan to be there 11-3pm.

Tuesday, October 16, Rose Test Garden,  I plan to be there 11-3pm. I need a painting for the 2013 Rose Festival!

Thursday, October 25, OMM Steam Portland Paintout, at SW Pine and SW Naito. I plan to be there 11-3pm. I need a painting for the OMM/OSA “Great Nautical Art Show” next April!

Saturday, October 27, OMM Steam Portland Paintout, at SW Pine and SW Naito. I plan to be there 11-3pm (football or no football). I need a painting for the OMM/OSA “Great Nautical Art Show” next April.


-- 
http://pleinairbrooks.blogspot.com/
Portland Plein Air Painters 
Brooks Hickerson
"everything changes, everything is connected, pay attention." Jane Hirshfield

No comments:

Post a Comment