Sunday, November 4, 2012

Paint outs in November! (with Brooks Hickerson)


(A message from Brooks Hickerson)

Full Force Fall Colors are out all over town. So we have to paint Washington park, rain or no-rain. Joe Howard and I painted Hoyt last Friday and got rained on...so? Bring your umbrellas.  Here are a few suggested paintouts:

Tuesday, Nov 6, Hoyt Arboretum. The leaves are stunning all over. I will be there afternoon 1-4pm.

Thursday, Nov. 8, International Rose Test Garden. More fall colors. I will be there afternoon 1-4pm

Friday, Nov 9, OMM Portland Steamer Waterfront Paintout, Fall colors with our steamer. I will be there 1-4pm.

Monday, Nov 12, Veterans Day Paintout at Vietnam Memorial, Washington Park. 11am there is a flag ceremony  It always rains. I plan to be there 10am to 2pm.

Friday, Nov 16, Cornell Farm  Fall Paintout,
 8212 Southwest Barnes Road, Portland, OR 97225. These friendly people decorate for fall and have cover in case of rain. I plan to be there 1-4pm.

No paintouts Thanksgiving Week. Enjoy family get together.

Tuesday, Nov 27, Extreme Plein Air Paintout, Boardwalk across from 
Riverplace Marina 315 Southwest Montgomery Street Portland, OR 97201. This is a favorite summer time paintout location. Now we can paint it with out all those pesky leaves. Expect rain, bring umbrellas. I plan to be there 1-4pm.

Friday, Nov 30, Paint a Steam Train Paintout, 2250 SE Water Avenue Portland, Oregon 97214. http://www.orhf.org/
Oregon Rail Heritage - Engine #4446 is at Oak Park Sellwood Or. The other steam engines will be at the roundhouse on SE Water Ave. Pick your location.  I plan to be at the Water Ave. location from 1-4pm. (it is inside).

If you cannot find me, my cell is 541-520-1423. Call me, I get lost easily.
keep painting outside,
brooks


-- 
http://pleinairbrooks.blogspot.com/
Portland Plein Air Painters 
Brooks Hickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment