Monday, July 8, 2013

Changes to the July Paint-Outs (Message from Brooks Hickerson)


(Painting by Brooks Hickerson 2010)

We learned a lot painting out this week. 1. The Rose Test Garden is a crush on weekends...way too many people. so I suggest we paint the roses on weekdays only. 
2. Orenco Market is very nice. You can even get a beer from the Orenco Station Grill. 
I suggest the following changes to the July paintouts:

July 9, Tuesday, SW Waterfront boardwalk near 3 degrees resturant. Afternoon is the best light. I will be there after 1:30pm till late.

July 10 and 17, Wednesdays, Paint Farmer’s Market at Shemanksi Park, SW Main at SW Park Ave. 10am-2pm. Lots of tents, tourists, and shade. 

July 11, Thursday, Paint Mellinium Plaza Lake Oswego, good shade and good views of Lake O. I plan to be there 11-3pm. 

July 16, Tuesday, Paint Jamison Square wading pool with pets and kids. Lots of benches and shade. I plan to paint early 10-2pm.

July 18th Thursday Paint the Roses red at the Rose Test Garden - once.  I plan to paint early, 10-2pm. 


Keep Painting Outside,
Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment